cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS upgrade advisor ?

mrshahid
Level 1
Level 1

I need to standardize more than 200 Routers and Switches and keep all devices with same model running on same IOS code.

Inventory of all devices and running code is already extracted, but do I need to check each and every running IOS model and compare it against the latest available or recommended on download page?

Is there any upgrade advisory tool from which that will tell me which is the most current stable release for specific IOS and what features will be available or unavailable post upgrade?

I stumbled upon something called: Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner  but its not working.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Iosplanner/Planner-tool/iosplanner.cgi?majorRel=

PS: I am aware of Cisco IOS feature navigation portal, which is good only for comparing one IOS at a time.

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Personally, I would extra out all the families that share the same code.  For example, all 1900's, all 2900's, etc.  I suspect this will be a much smaller number.

Then for each family check what the gold star release of code is (from the downloads page) - manually.