cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clarification needed for Bug CSCun66310 Nexus 5596: System fails to boot after a power cycle

Not applicable

Hello,

for some customers I need some clarifications about this bug from Cisco. The problem is, that the description (especially the More Info section) does not match the product list attached to this bug.

More Info:The issue is only seen on N5K-C5596UP, N5K-C5596T and UCS-FI-6296UP, Nexus 50x0 and Nexus 5548s are NOT affected.

Product:
(14)
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch
Cisco Nexus 5596UP Switch
Cisco Nexus 6004 Switch
Cisco Nexus 5624Q Switch
Cisco Nexus 5020 Switch
Cisco Nexus 6001 Switch
Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switch
Cisco Nexus 5696Q Switch
Cisco Nexus 56128P Switch
Cisco Nexus 5548UP Switch
Cisco Nexus 5648Q Switch
Cisco Nexus 5010 Switch
Cisco Nexus 5596T Switch
So which product is really affected by this bug? And how can I check if this bug will hit me (when my product is affected)? Is it only related to the HW Version as this discussion implies? As this is a really catastrophic bug, it would be nice to know, which is the case to avoid to open too many support cases for my customers. 
Thanks in advance
Regards 
Andreas
1 Reply 1

jtuttle011
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced a similar problem whereby we lost power to a server and it would no longer turn on. We had to disassociate and then re-associate the server from the template/profile inside of the FI. The server would then power on but would not boot. During the disassociating and re-association one of the PCI ids' of 007 changed to 008. We adjusted boot parameters to account for the PCI id change and were able to fully boot.

In hindsight - I think we could have unplugged both power cables to the server and left it off for 30 seconds and then the power button would have worked and we could have powered up the server without having to disassociate and then re-associate the server from the template/profile inside the FI. This simple tactic may have also prevented the PCI id change.

Equipment: Cisco UCS 6296UP

Problem: Server no longer powering on after power failure / failure to boot after disassociation/re-association

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: