cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCut80744 - Error when importing new Cert "Internal Error. Ask your ISE admin" - 1

wizkid
Level 1
Level 1

Please assist i am getting Internal error when binding a signed cert on ISE

ISE.PNG

3 Replies 3

Emre Ozel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I faced the same problem and I solved it by following the steps below.

- You need to install the wildcard certificate that you will upload into the system certificates into the Trusted.

- if you have installed your certificate trusted certificates. Check the chain of your certificate.

- If the chain is not trusted, install the root and intermediate certificates of your wildcard certificate.

ghisisan
Level 1
Level 1

I will leave this here, just in case someone else is looking for this error.

I rebooted and restarted and failed over the ISE nodes, deleted previous (about to expire) certificate and used self-signed instead, deleted rootCA and interim, then could not import anything back, getting internal error. Read through everything I could find online for similar error messages, tried proposed workarounds - all in vain!

Well, the certificate and key were copied over from a Linux machine where they were generated/signed, etc.
I opened the .pem file (.cer or .crt) with notepad. created a new notepad text file and copy-paste the BASE64 content in the new file, then saved it as a .pem extension file.

Did the same with the private key file - copied entire BASE64-formatted content to a new file in notepad and saved it.

The I went to ISE GUI and imported cert + key(the new files saved with Notepad), put in the passphrase for the imprort and BAM! it worked like a charm.
This was a wildcard certificate, same original files from that Linux machine were imported to several other systems without any issue. Only ISE made me loose my mind. It took me over 3 hours to finally figure it out.

You are welcome!

thanks so much for you post