cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuu02593 - Jabber 10.x getting Delay and slow response after Microsoft KB3038314

Karl Reischl
Level 1
Level 1

This also affects 10.6.3.  When is Cisco releasing a patch?

10 Replies 10

Brian Vineyard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our developers hope to have this issue fixed in version 11.

You can try the following workaround:

Either:

• Uninstall or hide KB3038314.
  • Manually delete the Jabber local chat history cache. This will temporarily resolve the issue until the cache builds up again. This cache is located within:

%localappdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History\<userid>.db

Hope this helps.

ETA on Version 11?

We hope to have this released soon, but do not yet have an estimated date. The product is still in development.

As soon as we have more information, I will try to post an update here.

Pushing out the new version, will report back.

Looking good so far! :)

I suppose it depends on IM volume, but I deleted my file on 5/15 and its already back to extremely slow. Almost like its worse than when I started. Running client 9.7.4 here. 

You can check with your Org Admin, but you may want to try upgrading to one of the 10.x versions. The later client versions may work better for you.

paeustac
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi folks

An update on this issue -  Jabber for Windows 10.6.4 is now available on CCO with a Jabber fix for this issue. We have also identified the route Microsoft cause, and have instructed Microsoft to fix. The fix from Microsoft is currently scheduled to be delivered as part of the upcoming cumulative update for Internet Explorer on 9th June.

This should mean that the issue will no longer be seen in 10.5.x and 10.6.x builds provided this update is applied.

Many thanks

Patrick

Thank you for the update. Is there an MS KB # by any chance? 

In the mean time, we'll test the 10.6.4 build. 

Hi

As of yet, no there is no KB # as this would be dependent on MS

Regards

Patrick