Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuy24876 - SG220-50 Resets randomly

Hi!!

My switch SG220 still reboot after all updates done.

Nothing in flash log.

Any ideas?

Thank's by advance.

Bertrand

16 Replies 16

john.kallas1
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 of these switches in our racks and both are rebooting about once week, at different times. latest software/firmware is installed. Creates a big problem for our VoIP phones.

Same here. This morning it just rebooted, as all other cases, nothing rlevant in logs. I Just opened a case in Cisco, but told me that first I need to solve a misconfiguration in VLANS. It has no relationship with the issue, but that was his answer. Really dissapointed. Please share if any of you receive a really "good" solution from Cisco.

Best,

Hi everyone, any update?

No solution. Cisco requested I send the following information after logging a support ticket: 
Run the command Show tech in the Command Line and copy all the information provided  in a text file

Copy the logs of both switches (Available in the GUI, Section Status and Statistics /View Logs, RAM memory)

Download and Install  Kiwi Syslog Server from http://www.kiwisyslog.com/ and gather all logs registered in both switches
In the Log Settings, Please Enable all the options available.

In the Remote Log Servers Section  Add the ip address and port of the Server and Select, Minimum Severity Debug

We were forced to close our support ticket as the switches had not rebooted for about 8 weeks. a few days after closing the support ticket, one of the switched rebooted. Logs show nothing. Anyone else unable to capture any specific activity in their logs?

Hi John, after more than 1 month, the nightmare came back yesterday. This time the switch restarted by itself. As usually, no logs related. To be sincere, I give up. I'm going to change this f*** thing for a SG300 I have here. Too bad

We haven't had a reset for a few weeks, but I just noticed via Cisco FindIT that there is a new firmware release for the switches I haven't installed it yet but plan on doing so next week. I'll continue to post if it helps the problem.

Not sure if any of the original posters to this thread are still monitoring this discussion, but wanted to document that today, August 15th, one of two switches automatically rebooted itself again.  Nothing in logs, so I applied the most recent firmware patch Sx220-R1.0.1.1 to both switches and will monitor. I'll  post the progress on both switches and advise if the issue continues or appears to be resolved.

Hi John, 

Hope you are well.

Any updates after update firmware ? keep rebooting?

Thanks

Yvan

Yvan - our switches have performed well, with no reboots since my August 5th post. Only changes were applying the firmware patch Sx220-R1.0.1.1

Have also applied additional firmware updates since then with no issues. Currently running firmware version 1.1.0 14

Good luck

Hi,

Since this time, switch working good but yesterday the switch decide to reboot.. for nothing.. nothing in log.... 

No more ideas or news about this problem of reboot?

I called Cisco and they instructed me to open a support ticket with their Small Business Line support group @ 1-866-606-1866. Now waiting for a tech to contact me.

Hi guys,

An update, my SW hasnt rebooted again, but last Friday one port, used as backbone, just turned off. The
same thing had happened two week ago. I had to change the wire to another port.

No solution for us. Our two switches have not rebooted since we opened the help desk ticket. CISCO wanted to close the ticket but I asked they keep it open until the event occurred again and we could capture something in the logs.