cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvg35618 - Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Remote Code Execution and Denial of Service Vulnerability - 10

danielpc89
Level 1
Level 1

Which version is stable - 9.6.3.20 (Interim) or 9.6.4?

9.6.4 don`t have bug (SSL VPN) but 9.6.3.20 is sugessted by cisco.

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@danielpc89 wrote:

9.6.4 don`t have bug (SSL VPN) but 9.6.3 is sugessted by cisco.

But 9.6(3) is vulnerable.   The "gold star" has been there BEFORE the vulnerability was discovered.

I know that 9.6.(3) is vulnerable but 9.6.3.20 is not vulnerable.

Upgrade to which version is prefer from 9.6.3.1? To 9.6.3.20 (Interim) or 9.6.4?

No one knows your network better than you.
Read the Release Notes and make a judgement call.

@danielpc89 - Did you get an actual answer? 9.3.6.20 was the 'first fixed release' listed by Cisco and the release notes do list CSCvg35618 as a resolved defect. I just received a proactive notification email from Cisco that lists 9.6.4.3 as the first fixed release. However, the release notes for this version are still blank.

@lucasmarcel wrote:
However, the release notes for this version are still blank.

The people working in the Security area work at different "speed" compared to other areas, like documentation. 

The slides from the Recon Conference are now public and I imagine exploit tools are being created right now.

The PSIRT was updated today. 9.6(3.20) is no longer considered Fixed.  For 9.6.x the First Fixed is now 9.6(4.3), see screenshot below.  Hope this helps,  Tim

Cisco_Systems.jpg

Thanks, I saw the update security notice after I posted and updated my firewalls to the recommended release.