Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvi91153 - "[FSM.FAILED]. external aaa server configuration" health alert - 1

1 Reply 1

wpccu1053
Level 1
Level 1
So this was a bug that showed up in the release of the 6.2.3 code. I have this issue as well. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvi91153/?rfs=iqvred Further Problem Description: The root cause of the issue is that one of the methods in code tries to open the /home/ldap or /home/radius directory even if external authentication is not enabled. This is what triggers the critical alarm. The alarm is triggered right after the service manager processes start after a system boot. If external authentication is correctly configured, those directories are created as a result of RESTAPI calls. But the alarm will still be present. This is a service manager bug and needs to be fixed. So you can either follow the TAC and live with the issue. Or look at creating the directories that the RESTAPI is looking for. Now from my understanding and TAC could not tell me either there should be no issue with creating the directory structure if your are not using ldap or radius. I am using ldap and it still did not create the directory. Therefore I took the initiative and created the dir with the correct permissions. drwxr-xr-x 3 admin users 58 Mar 5 22:25 admin drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 6 Jun 22 18:36 ldap drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 6 Jun 22 18:37 radius drwxr-xr-x 3 sfremediation sfremediation 17 Mar 5 22:25 sfremediation drwxr-xr-x 3 sfrna sfrna 17 Mar 5 22:25 sfrna drwxr-xr-x 3 sfsnort sfsnort 17 Mar 5 22:25 sfsnort drwxr-xr-x 3 snorty snorty 17 Mar 5 22:25 snorty I am running error free.