cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvn89137 - Cisco Secure Boot Hardware Tampering Vulnerability

wireman84
Level 1
Level 1

Marked fixed, but no version noted!  Please updated versions.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please read the Security Advisory (Cisco Secure Boot Hardware Tampering Vulnerability) for updated details.

Agree.

However, then the effort index is pretty low for Cisco to correctly update the Bug ID!  This would avoid the need to chase down the information.

@wireman84 wrote:

then the effort index is pretty low for Cisco to correctly update the Bug ID!

Information found in Bug IDs are seldom/rarely updated.

NOTE:  I have seen some Bug IDs that are updated "to some degree", however, it is not a "norm".

From a Customer Experience point of view the inability for Cisco to update bugs with appropriate Known Fixed Releases is very negative.  Even the manager at Cisco that handles the process indicated this is a challenge.  There seems to be breakdowns between the DE (R&D) system and the bug tracking system.

I have seen none released version entries, not sure if they were alpha or beta version, or release candidates that got pulled.

I have seen version formatted in none release notation.  And even some very bizarre, obviously, internal versions.

None help the Customer Experience.  It forces us in the community to open TAC cases to answer what should be a simple task of reading a Bug Id page.

If you have been impacted by this issue of Bug IDs not having appropriate Known Affected Releases and/or Known Fixed Releases, please like this reply.

I am hoping to point the VP of Customer Experience to this post if it gets traction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: