cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvp40710 - Webcam Light stuck on' forever by Webex Desktop App---appears to user they are being 'spied on' - 1

GTBJR64111
Level 1
Level 1

Also seeing this on Windows 10 wiht a Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000.

The webcam persistently stays on after launching a WebEx meeting with video.   It's happened multiple times.  The camera activity indicator remains on.  Three processes are left running after a meeting.  

Unplugging/replugging in the camera does not fix this.  Killing the Cisco WebEx Meetings Desktop App process DOES resolve this. After killing the Process labeled "Cisco WebEx Meetings Desktop App", the other two processes terminate on their own.  Reboot also resolves this.  The camera does not behave this way until using WebEx. 

cisco WebEx processes.jpgamera does not resolve this.  The only solution I've found to turn this off is to reboot the machine. 

4 Replies 4

owlstead
Level 1
Level 1

This is a critical bug to me. It's not just that I don't know if CISCO is recording my every move behind my computer, it also means that I cannot check if other programs are accessing the webcam. CISCO, if security means anything to you then please fix this with high prio.

Hopefully this will help others.  In WebEx Teams under Settings there are options for Devices.  Uncheck the top one that says: "Use ultrasound: Listen for untrasound signals from Webex devices in order to discover them and verify that you are in the same room.  This uses the microphone on your computer.  No audio is stored or sent to Cisco."  This removes the annoying "always on" light on the webcam, at least for me.

This solved it for me too....thanks for sharing (and CISCO I think this setting should be set to off by default if this known issue is out there).

FredBloggs25152
Level 1
Level 1

Havent got Cisco Teams installed, only Cisco Webex Meetings, and selecting settings (cogwheel)/Preferences/Video systems and unselecting Discover video systems did the trick for me.