cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwc02625-YouTube Categorization Filtering not working (WSA)

rodolfobsantos
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone!

I have made a lab to test the YouTube Categorization feature in Cisco Secure Web Appliance, and it doesn't work as expected.

I followed all the configuration guidelines (YouTube API, decryption policy, YouTube Category policy, and so on), and I've got the following behavior (let's assume I configured the policy to block Music YouTube videos):

- when I try to access a Music YouTube video directly (URL www.youtube.com/watch?v=[random characters]), the Cisco Secure Web Appliance correctly blocks this access.

- when I access YouTube page (which should not be blocked - and it is working just fine), search for the same Music video using the searchbar and click to watch the video, the Cisco Secure Web Appliance does not block the access to the video.

So, the YouTube Categorization feature worked only when I try to access the video directly.

Evaluating the Web Tracking report, I found out that, when I search for the video on YouTube, there is an API call to access the video itself, and the video identification is provided by a docid (I attached an image illustrating this).

It seems that the solution needs a regex to identify not only "v=[random characters]" but also "docid=[random characters]" in order to block the YouTube Category videos that we want.

Did anybody have the same problem? Any workaround?

Thank you all in advance.

1 Reply 1

munther1017
Level 1
Level 1

hi there 

well in my case I couldn't even achive what you had accomplished, youtube categorization didn't work for me, and I couldn't find any reference to help me troubleshoot this issue .
please help