cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwh40526 - mdt-pubd memory leak

Balint Szepessy
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a chance, that this will ever be fixed?

I guess many customer facing with this issue, who dare to use MDT.

Pls fix it.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Is there a chance, that this will ever be fixed?
  - Such questions can only be answered by TAC , or stressed upon if there is an urgent business need , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

Looking at the bug details publicly available to me (I have no service contract linked to my cisco.com account), I see two items that lead me to believe that this defect will not be fixed anytime soon:

Severity: 3 Moderate

Not being able to reproduce an error on-demand makes it extremely difficult to determine the defect's root-cause and fix it, as the Development Engineers will not be able to test that their fix actually works if the error cannot be reproduced. In cases of unreproducible errors with high enough severity, DEs sometimes walk through the code and implement pre-emptive fixes in areas where it is plausible that the code might be defective. However, with this defect being classified as Sev3, it is unlikely that this will happen here. DE resources will be prioritized for Sev1 and Sev2 defects over Sev3. (BTW, there is a field in the internal CDETS database that links the bug to all the associated TAC cases. DEs can see how many customers have reported an issue to TAC that has been attributed to this defect).

Given its unreproducibility and "moderate" severity, it is quite possible that no DE is actively looking at this defect. As @marce1000 suggests, pressing the business-impact issue with TAC and especially your Cisco account team might get the DE priority raised, particularly if you have a large purchase pending.

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

Balint Szepessy
Level 1
Level 1

It's **nny that they can't reproduce it. It's not a rocket science. They just need to turn on netconf and start using grpc dial out telemetry (with yang subs). Pubd process will start to eat memory immediately...