Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Blade Center Switch not sending LACP BPDUs

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Everyone,

I have a rather strange issue on one of my blade switch 4001i uplinks to the Nexus 5548 devices.

The configuration on the 5548 is set to suspend its ports if no LACP BPDUs are received.

The setup has always worked but all over a sudden, one of the 4001i uplinks are suspended by the neighboring 5548 claiming not to recieve LACPs.

I did an upgrade to the latest version (4.1.2.E1.1m) but in vain.

Error seen on the nexus 5548 logs is "not receiving any LACP BPDUs  suspending (individual) port"

configurations also double checked. I have other exact switch types running the same hardware and software and working fine.

Any ideas highly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

mizhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

if this setup has been working and there are no changes lately, check the physical layer first.

For example, if you have another working port, swap the cable or port one at a time to see if the issue follows;

Any error shows up in the interface counters?

if they are not connected directly, say via the patch panel, check the patch panel, or make a connection bypassing it.

Michael

Hi Michael,

the setup has always been working. it actually abrupted all over a sudden on two switches. I performed an upgrade to the latest version and luckily enough, it was solved on just one of them.

all switches were running the same software version.

I do not have any counter errors showing up.

thanks for the suggestions.