cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get fan speed of UCS C220 via SNMP

smlaks
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get the fan speed of a UCS C220 M6S via SNMP.
The value can be found on the CIMC sensor page.
I get the MIBs from Github and try to get CucsEquipmentFanStatsEntry, cucsEquipmentFanStatsSpeed, etc. but I get an error.
Are there any prerequisites missing?

# snmpwalk -v 2c -c [community] [hostname] CucsEquipmentFanStatsEntry
# CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanStatsEntry = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

CIMC firmware version is 4.2 (3e).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These are the OIDs supported, you can try a few of them, the string may not contain "fanspeed" but some of them might give you information you need, I would try cucsEquipmentFanPower, cucsEquipmentFanVoltage it will directly correlate to fan speed.

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ammahend
VIP
VIP

this is not direct answer to your question but you can run this command

snmpwalk -v 2c -c [community] [hostname] .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719

it will talk through the entire UCS MIB tree and you can look for relevant entries related to fan stats.

-hope this helps-

Thanks for the info.
I'm trying to find the ".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719" or "." but I still can't find any information about the fan speed.

The results including "fan" are as follows. Only results with a branch number of "1" were extracted.

CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanDn.1 = STRING: "sys/rack-unit-1/fan-module-1-1/fan-1"
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanRn.1 = STRING: fan-1
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanFltAggr.1 = Counter64: 0
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanId.1 = Gauge32: 1
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanIntType.1 = INTEGER: chassis(0)
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanModel.1 = STRING: MOD1_FAN1_SPEED
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanModule.1 = Gauge32: 1
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanOperState.1 = INTEGER: operable(1)
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanOperability.1 = INTEGER: operable(1)
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanPerf.1 = INTEGER: unknown(0)
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanPower.1 = INTEGER: unknown(0)
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanPresence.1 = INTEGER: equipped(10)
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanRevision.1 = STRING: unknown
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanSerial.1 = STRING: unknown
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanThermal.1 = INTEGER: unknown(0)
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanTray.1 = Gauge32: 1
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanVendor.1 = STRING: unknown
CISCO-UNIFIED-COMPUTING-EQUIPMENT-MIB::cucsEquipmentFanVoltage.1 = INTEGER: unknown(0)

PS: I made a mistake in which forum to post this. My apologies.

These are the OIDs supported, you can try a few of them, the string may not contain "fanspeed" but some of them might give you information you need, I would try cucsEquipmentFanPower, cucsEquipmentFanVoltage it will directly correlate to fan speed.

-hope this helps-

I tried many things, but unfortunately I could not get any useful information in my environment......