Views
Helpful
Replies

Vulnerabilities affecting device versus release

CatsAndIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Just trying to better understand the Cisco Bug reports found with the Bug Search Tool.

At the bottom under "Details", each bug report shows "Product:" as well as a column for "Known Affected Releases".

My question is: If I am using a product that is NOT listed under "Product:", but IS using an IOS/IOS XE/IOS XR listed under "Known Affected Releases:", is the device considered vulnerable, or do both conditions under "Product:" AND "Known Affected Releases:" need to be met in order to be considered vulnerable?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@CatsAndIT wrote:

At the bottom under "Details", each bug report shows "Product:" as well as a column for "Known Affected Releases".

My question is: If I am using a product that is NOT listed under "Product:", but IS using an IOS/IOS XE/IOS XR listed under "Known Affected Releases:", is the device considered vulnerable, or do both conditions under "Product:" AND "Known Affected Releases:" need to be met in order to be considered vulnerable?

Cisco has just shamelessly demonstrated how "useless" information in Bug IDs are.   This is why I never, ever, "trust" information found in Bug IDs because they tend to be incorrect and unreliable.  

Go to the Cisco Security Advisory page for more up-to-date information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@CatsAndIT wrote:

Cisco has just shamelessly demonstrated how "useless" information in Bug IDs are.   This is why I never, ever, "trust" information found in Bug IDs because they tend to be incorrect and unreliable.  

Go to the Cisco Security Advisory page for more up-to-date information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: