cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA and CCNP lab equipment

Epic_networks
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to take my CCNA exam soon , so I want to purchase some devices that will help me practice the ccna exam topics , and also i can use them if i decided to take my ccnp exam .
now i'm interested in routing & switching track , wireless , voip , security track
can any one help me on what switches and routers models should i purchase 
thanks 

4 Replies 4

sanjethi
Level 1
Level 1

I would recommend that you buy 2950 switches for the ccna. For CCNP you want to buy a layer 3 switch like a 3550 or 3560. For routers a cisco 1841 will cover a lot of the stuff you want to practice. If you plan to go on to voice I would recommend purchasing a cisco 2811 which has voice support. 

You'll also want to purchase all the necessary modules for the routers. For basic route switch wic-1t and wic-2t will will provide the necessary serial ports for wan connections

Hi,

We have unpublished the content. 

If you have any more questions on this topic, suggest you check out the Cisco Learning Network Community, they will be able to help answer anything specific about any of the exams or certifications.

Thanks,

Naga

Hi.

I suggest you that use the GNS3 program instead of buy a  switch or router.

You can upload a lot of iOS and practice for your CCNA and CCNP exams without problems.

But if you want to buy the devices, i think the best choice is a router 2811 and a switch 3750.

<<Lemoine>>

If you're interested in R&S, GNS3 is a good beginning... but if you want to go into wireless, voice and security, you're going to need real hardware.

Running with a few 28x1 routers and one or two 3750 switches is a good start. All of these are discontinued devices and can be had at a reasonable price. Once you're comfortable with the R&S side of things, it's not hard to start adding voice cards, ASAs, wireless access points, wireless LAN controllers later.