cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco (and other) certifications with the highest pay

nisekparo29
Level 1
Level 1

This might seem like a superfluous question, But im interested in getting into a computer field and am deliberating my options before committing on anything. Im currently working towards my CCNA.

What certifications / combination of certifications would lead to the highest salary?
What locations across the US pay the highest (generally speaking)?
What sort of remote jobs could I attain?
Is a college degree necessary?
How much does work year experience matter?

Please share your related anecdotes or information you have on any of these question! Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Hey @nisekparo29 While certifications can be valuable assets, they're not the sole determinants of salary, experience, specific skills, and location also play significant roles and while a college degree in computer science or a related field can be beneficial, certifications can often be a more direct path to a career in IT. Many employers value practical skills and experience over formal education, that said however, a degree can provide a broader foundation and open up more advanced career paths. Cisco certifications are the main cert in the world of networking, others are up there too. Outside of networking  AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Certified Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect all have great value. If you are looking at security Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CompTIA Security+ are the most popular.

Location wise, Silicon Valley consistently ranks among the highest-paying regions, but with that comes the high living costs. The same goes for Seattle, Washington. Most companies allow working from home/remote, but as of 2024 there has been a drive for RTO (return to office), most companies are asking for three days in the office from what i see, unless you are hired as fully remote.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io