cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Other than Python what coding language should a N. engineer learn?

hfakoor222
Spotlight
Spotlight

So I learned Python, and I'm pretty ok with it now. I've created desktop applications that translate IP's, validate them, a ping tracer application. I've got pretty decent at automation scripting, with in my opinion, an advanced level of regex. I've kept some books to the side to start getting into Linux. I obtained my CCNP and have a few interviews lined up and it is looking pretty good, as I attached scripts to my resume, and I' can write these scripts from the ground up without a template.                       

I'm wondering what other programming language a Network Engineer should know? I read somewhere Rust is a low memory replacement for Python. I want to broaden my skill set, and I have been thinking about learning C++ as I read it might be useful for VF creation, for example creating Firewalls. I am not sure what other programming language would be applicable to someone in this industry. Fortran for creating VF's? And how applicable would that really be I'm wondering. Are there any suggestions for a programming language to learn on the side of Python, and what it is used for in the Network Engineer industry?

0 Replies 0