cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pearson Vue Testing Issues

pat-garcia
Level 1
Level 1

I want to determine our test takers' rights when taking Cisco CCNP tests. I experienced a bizarre situation while taking my CCNP exam.

1. The Pearson Vue test administrator could not start my CCNP exam at the test station. He kept blaming the issue on Cisco's website being down or unavailable. It took him 3 tries before he could get my test station ready.
  2. Right about question 65, my CCNP exam stopped requesting to reach out to the test administrator for action. The test station could not load any more questions. This was super annoying as it made me lose concentration. The test administrator was not able to start my CCNP exam in the same workstation.
  3. Finally, the test administrator was able to start my CCNP exam on a different test station but he forgot to tell me that the time was already rolling when he got the workstation to connect and get my test restarted. I lost very valuable time ( ~4-5 min) on this very long test.
  4. The test administrator blamed the issues on Cisco and the Cisco website provider being down.

My main concern here is transparency and the value of service. How can test takers check if this was a Cisco issue, a Pearson Vue issue, or a Pearson Vue test facility issue?

These tests are not cheap, I just need to know the correct procedure to report these problems and the follow to correct them.

Any assistance will be very valuable.

3 Replies 3

@pat-garcia hello, this is really frustrating situation when you do expensive and difficult exams. my personal suggestion is, you can complain to Pearson about the incident. they should have some monitoring systems to make sure everything works before start.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Jimena Saez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @pat-garcia 

I am very sorry to hear about your issue during your exam at the testing center. From your feedback and comments, I can understand how that was a frustrating experience. For assistance and investigation into your inquiry, I would highly encourage you to reach out to Pearson VUE Customer Service at ( https://home.pearsonvue.com/cisco/contact ) to report the issue. In addition, after you are provided with a Pearson VUE incident number, I would recommend opening a case with the Cisco L@C Centralized support team ( https://www.cisco.com/go/certsupport ) to submit your feedback, along with the Pearson VUE incident number for further review.

Thanks, I have submitted a support request to PearsonVue support and waiting for their response. I will update this post when I get an answer.