cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System Diagnostics not reflecting current vulnerabilities.

grambo1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i ran a system diagnostic on a few devices and the vulnerabilities that came up did not align with what i found on on the Cisco Security Cisco Software Checker.  Then to complicate things even more the bug lookup tool only is showing IOS-XE data. So now i don't know what to believe if my device is vulnerable or not. 

6880-15.5.1.sy4_software_checker.JPG6880-15.5.1.sy4.JPG

2 Replies 2

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @grambo1980 

The data shared through the CLI Analyzer is determined by your device configuration rather than just a generic SW version or device PID. The system diagnostics should be the most current data regarding your device.

Thank you

Hi, i agree it /should/ be.  But the results i'm seeing look unreliable.  

Take the DHCP one for example.  Bug CSCuw77959 & CSCsm45390.  This is a security bulletin from 2017.  In the CSCsm45390 bug details you see that it is fix in 15.5(1)SY1.  We are running SY4. 

Then the second output cscvy28508 || Enable speed command for 1G SFP on C9400.  This is a 6880, why is it identifying a bug that affects a cat9k? 

Then it doesn't detail the arp exhaustion issue, which is pretty light on technical details to be honest.  But that sounds like it's a pretty basic feature set.  

On top of the bug tool only reporting IOS-XE data for almost 95% of the bugs i've looked at. So yes, it should be the most reliable, but i'm questioning it's accuracy as it does not look right.