cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are those differences among C3560CX V01, V02 & V03?

imyz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I came across this question recently in my search of a switch C3560CX-8XPD, and then I found there are at least 3 hardware versions for this product in existence, although their appearances look exactly identical, because their PID/VID label indicates: WS-C3560CX-8XPD-S V01 / V02 / V03.

This matter makes me curious very much, and I just searched this community for the same question but I got nothing. That’s why I decided to post my question here. FYI, I’m new to this community and I don’t even know if I’m putting this to a right place/category…

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @imyz 

Your English is pretty good for me.

We dont have available as much as documentation when it comes to hardware and I dont believe we need to really worry about it. We can assume that either is V01 or V03 the device will be able to deliver what is in the Datasheet in terms of performance.

The performance report they provide on the Datasheet must be delivered and you can stick with that.   If you can choose, of course you go for the new version.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@imyz 

Model number "C3560CX-8XPD-S V01," the "V01" is the Version ID, indicating the first version of this particular model. If there were hardware revisions, you might see subsequent versions labeled as "V02," "V03," etc. This helps in identifying the exact hardware configuration of the device.

The same way we may have different software versions and realease, the vendor also keep track of the hardware version.

Hi @Flavio Miranda,

Thank you so much for your explanation, and I'm pretty sure now that Cisco must have made some changes to the hardware configurations of both of V02's & V03's since the release of V01. But, still, I'm confused about the specific differences among them, and that leads to a new question:

Which one is the best choice to me? Provided all of them(V01/02/03) are available here. Or let's put it this way:

Is there any teeny-tiny hardware flaw exists in V01 & V02 that might affect the performance, function, or even power consumption & etc.?

Your further reply will be much appreciated.

P.S.: English actually is not my mother tongue. Hope I made my question clear.

Hi @imyz 

Your English is pretty good for me.

We dont have available as much as documentation when it comes to hardware and I dont believe we need to really worry about it. We can assume that either is V01 or V03 the device will be able to deliver what is in the Datasheet in terms of performance.

The performance report they provide on the Datasheet must be delivered and you can stick with that.   If you can choose, of course you go for the new version.

Hi @Flavio Miranda ,

Thank you very much for your compliment. And your suggestion is exactly what I am thinking of. Although I have no idea what are those differences among them still, I am going to take this answer as a solution, because at least I got someone's opinion in common.

On the other hand, I'd like to leave the question open, and anyone who knows the answers is welcome to leave a word. And thanks.

Quick Links