cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML & Java 8.51

bfullenkamp
Level 1
Level 1

I was required to update to java version 8.51.  Now when loading CML the program loads but not completely.  The program shows as not responding.  I'm guessing the client is not compatible with this version of java. Our security group is not allowing older versions of java.  Is Cisco aware of issues with CML and the new Java? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rkochery
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Java 6 or 7 is the only supported versions for CML 1.0 and 1.0.1, kindly degrade to java version 7 and give it a try. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rkochery
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Java 6 or 7 is the only supported versions for CML 1.0 and 1.0.1, kindly degrade to java version 7 and give it a try. Thanks. 

Is Java 8 on the road map?  I was able to go back to 7 but our security org wants a timeline.

yes, the new version of cml 1.1 will be released soon, hopefully. which is compatible with java 8. 

Any update on 1.1 release?  How are we going to be notified of this upgrade and how are we going to access the new OVA or upgrade packages?

I know this is a v1 release, but we have been underwhelmed with the product since we picked it up early this year.  ASAv and l2 need to be implemented soon.

CML 1.1 is due on 9/30. It will have the IOSvL2 and the ASAv support in addition to 20+ new features.

You will be able to upgrade using the PUT (product Update Tool) under support.

Hi,

Also, Java 8 is supported for CML 1.1.

Thanks,

Marie