cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating DHCP pools in inter VLAN routing

ferdao71493
Level 1
Level 1

While trying to solve the Lab which I have given the steps down,  I think I configure the steps till 6. successfully but I can not ping anything from pc-A. 

Here I will  post my Packet Tracer and the Lab pdf file.

The pc-A gets 192.168.1.66 address from the pool P10, pc-B and pc-C gets 192.168.1.130 and 192.1681.131 from pool P20 as required but there must be some misconfiguration on VLANs or trunk that I can not ping between different vlans even if I think I have created trunking.  

Part 1: Configure Inter-VLAN routing and routing to an external network
(Grade 3)
1. Configure hostnames according to the addressing table and the console password
(cisco), and privileged password (class) on the routers and the switch.
2. Enable Telnet on the Gateway router and the switch. Use cisco as password.
3. Configure the management IP address and default gateway on the switch.
4. Create the VLANs, assign names and access ports according to the VLAN table
above.
5. Configure the router interfaces with the IP addresses shown in the topology and
create a trunk between the switch S1 and the Gateway router, to enable
communication between the VLANs.
6. Create two DHCP pools in the Gateway router, one for VLAN 10 and one for VLAN
20. Configure the hosts to get the IP addresses and default gateways dynamically
assigned from the DHCP server.
7. Verify that all hosts have received their IP settings from the DHCP server, and that
you can ping between the hosts.
8. Configure the routing protocols on the routers to enable communication between all
networks. Use EIGRP (AS10) as the routing protocol. Do not advertise the ISP
router’s Loopback0 network.
9. Loopback0 on the ISP router will simulate a connection to the Internet. Create a
default route that points to the Loopback0 interface in the ISP. Redistribute the
default route with the routing protocol.
10. Verify the connectivity by pinging from PC-A to PC-B, PC-C and Loopback0.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you had Vlan interfaces configured on the switch for Vlan 10 and 20. These kept the routing from working. I have deleted the interfaces from the switch, you now have end to end connectivity...

Attached the revised, working file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

you had Vlan interfaces configured on the switch for Vlan 10 and 20. These kept the routing from working. I have deleted the interfaces from the switch, you now have end to end connectivity...

Attached the revised, working file.

Thanks I lot, you saved me. I once remember that I put int before vlan 10 while creating, I confused it with menagement vlan, but I didn't fusten upon, actually I didn't think that that will effect pinging. 

And may I ask Which show commands did you use, and how did you figured it out??

Which exact commands did you use?

Hello,

actually, I just did a 'routine' check using 'show run' on the switch. I guess you figured out that a layer 2 switch is supposed to have only one SVI, for management...