cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to enter alphanumeric passwords while calling into zoom while using your DX80 codec.

airtelvcexpress
Level 1
Level 1

how to enter alphanumeric passwords while calling into zoom while using your DX80 codec.

9 Replies 9

Aviral Pal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Endpoint side, we support only digits for PIN code. i.e. We cannot enter alphanumeric password as DTMF on endpoints.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu34905

jjlatessa
Level 1
Level 1

Aviral, 

The link provided returns the following: You are not entitled to access bug: CSCvu34905

Can you provide some more information?

Thank you

aabji
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the entry required to be DTMF? When I try to join the Zoom meeting from my DX80, I get a Zoom page with a text box to enter. I can pull up an alphanumeric keyboard in order to search my directory, but I cannot do the same for the text box which only offers the numeric keypad. I’m connected via Ethernet, and I’m curious if there’s a software workaround here to get letters and not numbers in that text box. Seems like an unfortunate limitation even though the device is relatively older it’s still very capable and this would help a lot of people use their devices more which would be to Cisco’s benefit.

Can anyone take a look at this now that it’s 2022 and we’re putting Zoom on desk devices? Thanks!

It's now 2024 and it seems this is still an open issue - we have no issues connecting with our Cisco room kit's to zoom now with our CRC license but when a zoom meeting passcode contains letters, we can not join the call without going the long route of pairing the unit to the meeting and entering the code via the zoom webpage.  

Hello Dboggs, thanks for your comment. Could you share the steps in order to connect a Cisco unit to a zoom call through the long route that you mentioned? 

We do not have a CRC Zoom licence and we need to connect the Csico systems to zoom meetings, and I am not able because of the alphanumeric code that the basic account of Zoom provides.

Thanks in advance.

Alberto,  the long route is pairing your device using a zoom account that HAS a CRC license.  To ensure the best possible experience with Zoom from a Cisco CE, purchasing a CRC license from zoom and then install the API on-prem so your units will be registered with Zoom as a CRC licensed account.

Thanks for your response.

I know that with a CRC license you can connect a Cisco unit to a zoom meeting. But I want to know if is it possible to connect a Cisco unit to a Zoom meeting without a CRC license. Is there a way to do this?

Unfortunately no....either you or the host must have a CRC license as the units can only communicate to zoom via SIP or h323.

Alberto DRS
Level 1
Level 1

Ok,

Thanks for clarifying my doubts!

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: