Views
Helpful
Replies

Purchasing switches from a broker

mmcfarland727
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,
If I were to purchase a switch from a broker, can anyone confirm If i can purchase support (IOS upgrades etc) and Warranty from cisco direct for that switch, please? Our current Cisco reseller has informed me its 6months+ on lead times for deliveries at present for the switch model we need.

Im just exploring different avenues at present as 6 months+ lead time for delivery is too long.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aamagasu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Technically it's possible. You can buy and attach these items, but only after the secondhand product has been recertified and re-licensed by an authorized partner.  This is a long and expensive proposition. A far better option if you're looking to get your hands on Cisco equipment faster is to try Cisco Refresh. Cisco Refresh is genuine pre-owned Cisco equipment that’s been completely remanufactured to like-new condition. It’s fully warrantied, deeply discounted, and often ships faster than new Cisco products. Your reseller should be able to check inventory for it through the same tools they use to order new Cisco products. They can also set up watch lists so they're notified when a product you're looking for comes our way. If they need any help, let me know and I'll put you/them in touch with one of our regional experts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

aamagasu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Technically it's possible. You can buy and attach these items, but only after the secondhand product has been recertified and re-licensed by an authorized partner.  This is a long and expensive proposition. A far better option if you're looking to get your hands on Cisco equipment faster is to try Cisco Refresh. Cisco Refresh is genuine pre-owned Cisco equipment that’s been completely remanufactured to like-new condition. It’s fully warrantied, deeply discounted, and often ships faster than new Cisco products. Your reseller should be able to check inventory for it through the same tools they use to order new Cisco products. They can also set up watch lists so they're notified when a product you're looking for comes our way. If they need any help, let me know and I'll put you/them in touch with one of our regional experts.

aamagasu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While we're on the subject of buying from brokers, this recent press release is definitely worth checking out: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/ceo-dozens-companies-and-entities-charged-scheme-traffic-estimated-1-billion-fraudulent-and 

Pls advise how are we addressing this in the Indian market, as India has a huge inventory of Cisco Hardware?

mmcfarland727
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. I wasnt aware of Cisco Refresh, so i will speak to our reseller.

Thanks again.