Views
Helpful
Replies

Refurbished Switches: Nexus 9k

BashedRoot
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Looking for help in finding a few reliable USA based Cisco authorized/certified "refresh" equipment vendors. I'll be needing them with essentials license (perpetual) per switch. Why are licenses so astronomically expensive, almost same price as switch themselves, just to use basic features like BGP? What is this pricing structure? What happens after the license expires, do the features stop working like BGP? I don't understand and Cisco's website is also astronomically confusing and overwhelming. Too much going on.

Some models I'm looking at:

N9K-C93180YC-EX
N3K-C3064PQ-10GX
N9K-C92160YC-X

To summarize my L3 switch needs (for data center / web hosting):

Quantity: 2
40G (QSFP+) or 100G (QSFP28) uplink
48 Ports: 10/25G
Front to back airflow (port side exhaust config)
2 PSUs
4 Fans

I got this response from Cisco directly:

"If you are looking to purchase equipment from Cisco for lower prices you can refer to our Refresh Program. We at Cisco refurbish used units and resell these through the Refresh Team. The partner has that discount, you must ask them for it to input this on the website before a purchase."

"The units that you are looking to buy from Cables & Kits, are unauthorized, since these units were acquired through an unauthorized broker. These units won’t be eligible for support, and we cannot ensure the state of the units. Please keep in mind these before you decide to purchase the unit. If you proceed and purchase from Cables & Kits, please let us know so we can inspect the units so these don’t jeopardize your network."

I have no Cisco partner and have no idea how that works, still haven't gotten clarification reply back from them on that. I'm confused. Cisco makes everything too complicated and so costly. Not a SMB minded company at all in my opinion.

3 Replies 3

First of all , the switches you are looking for are enterprise data center switches (not SMB. there is separate series for SMB like CBS models). cisco have refresh program for many devices which can purchase through cisco partner in your country. what is your country of ordering? 

check partner locator to find partners in your place

https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/pf/index.jsp#/

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thanks, but this doesn't help at all.

I stated in my first line, I'm looking for an authorized *refresh* partner based in USA.

I also already used that partner locator and there is literally zero option or ability to determine which of them participate in Cisco refresh program. Cisco sales rep via email is not helpful either. Cisco is a huge messy company. Lousy sales support from the getgo. Lousy partner search tool that doesn't even give you an option to specifically search for refresh partners. Just ridiculous.

Imagine being in this situation as a customer ready to spend over $25,000 with your company and they make finding products this difficult.

I can direct you to a partner (or partners) who can help. Feel free to reach out via email or give me a call.

Thanks,

Brett LaCourse
Cisco Refresh
blacours@cisco.com
518-427-5297