Views
Helpful
Replies

2.1.1 packet tracer create a simple network subnet problem

l080
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I can't finish this assessment as sub netmask is incorrect. I was looking at this post but non of this solution worked for me https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-software-discussions/2-1-1-5-packet-tracer-create-a-simple-network-using-packet/td-p/3762216 

I spend to much time on it and I can't figure out what is wrong. Any hint welcome

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Hi

The instruction for the server part is missing.  But, if you add a static IP on the Wireless router and on the server, the PC is able to communication with the server.

You do have end to end connectivity but it is not clear to me if that was the way to go on this.

I tried as you advised but it still doesn't work. Also I loaded file attached by you, and without changing anything I can't ping cisco.srv server from the laptop and PC

You need to go to the wireless router, Internet interface, make it static, add some ip address:

wrt.JPG

then, you go to the server, and change it to static and add Ip address:

srv.JPG

This is it. Worked for me.

that's my settings.

cisco-problem.png

You made a mistake on wireless  routers mask. It is not 255.255.0.0 , must be 255.255.255.0

thanks I changed it but I still cant ping the server

ok, so I can ping server by IP 192.16.1.2 but I can't by the name cisco.srv so there is some issue with DNS. There is connection but now I have a problem with both subnet masks

cisco-problem2.png

You can change the mask to 255.255.0.0 is required, but you need to do it on both device:  Wireless router and Server.

If you change one side only, they will not ping anymore.

About the DNS, you have a problem. This PT file does not have privilege to add a DNS server. So, you can not have a DNS server on the topology.

I did what is shown in the pictures above but I'm not sure what to do afterwards. do I send the ping command or should I try DHCP in the PC side? I'm so lost