Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 plus series stuck in romman mode

vikas01234das
Level 1
Level 1

Hy Guys 

switch is not boot and it is stuck in switch mode and also i am not able to reset mode and also not able to flash. please help

vikas01234das_0-1698484104523.png

9 Replies 9

Martin L
VIP
VIP

what will happen when u type in boot and press enter ?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "dir flash:".

Please look.

vikas01234das_0-1698501786796.png

why u want to delete image file? switch will be useless without its image. Try boot command

Regards, ML

I tried to delete highlighted iOS but it's not deleting.

Tried to boot from secondary iOS but it's reloading again n again.flash intialising again and again 

config.text is your switch start configuration file; you can delete it or rename it to something else and then try boot switch; When switch does it find config.text, it loads default configs by default. Linux command to rename files is mv  If that does not work, try copy or rename

to delete file inside of a directory, u need to be in there; command cd name of directory;  cd .. to go back up or out.

as always, u can use help with ? character

Regards, ML

Console into the switch and post the complete output to the following commands: 

flash_init
load_helper
boot flash:cc2960-lanbasek9-mz.152-7.E9.bin

If that still does not work, post the complete output to the following commands: 

flash_init
load_helper
dir flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.152-2-E8

markcummins713
Level 1
Level 1

If your Cisco 2960 Plus Series switch is stuck in ROMMON mode, first check hardware connections, ensure the operating system image is intact, and review boot sequence and configuration settings. If those steps fail, consider using xModem recovery to copy a valid image. If the issue persists, it may be a hardware problem, and you should contact Cisco support or consider an RMA if the switch is under warranty are you need a graphic designer.

I replaced the old iOS with new but the problem is same .Switch is
reloading again and again.