cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Annyconnect Secure Mobility Client stop working after update (win11)

Anthony BIGET
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been having problems since an automatic update of my Cisco Annyconnect client on a Windows 11 workstation. I tried to completely uninstall the program (from "C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" and "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" folders).

I systematically have the following error: "The VPN service is not available. Exit"

I tried to start manually the service via the services.msc but it conducts to the same error.

I tried to investigate the Windows logs, and found some errors :

• In Windows logs :
Spoiler
Function: CExceptionHandlerEx::GenerateMiniDump
File: c:\temp\build\thehoff\phoenix_mr70.614384209715\phoenix_mr7\vpn\common\utility\win\minidump.cpp
Line: 429
Invoked Function: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION
Return Code: -529697949 (0xE06D7363)
Description: WINDOWS_ERROR_CODE
Microsoft Compiler Generated (Q185294).  A mindump file is located at: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\vpnagent.exe_4.10.07062_20230705132019.mdmp 
  • In the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Clients logs :

Spoiler
Nom de l’application défaillante vpnagent.exe, version : 4.10.7062.0, horodatage : 0x649221b6
Nom du module défaillant : ucrtbase.dll, version : 10.0.22621.608, horodatage : 0xbbf7fb0e
Code d’exception : 0xc0000409
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0009e34b
ID du processus défaillant : 0x0x490C
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x0x1D9AF3281DB3574
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnagent.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
ID de rapport : 44dd3588-2c12-4174-8085-995c3a43c085
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Using "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow" commands, I verified my Windows was not the problem. I also updated the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161" distribution.

At this point, I have no more idea how to solve this problem. I can't access my company's resources. This is very problematic for me.

We welcome your help.

My settings :

• Windows 11 (version 22H2).
  • Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client installer version : anyconnect-win-4.10.07062-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi
2 Replies 2

mikasah
Level 1
Level 1

Exactly the same issue here, any updates?

jaxxeso
Level 1
Level 1

It seems you've already tried several troubleshooting steps to resolve this, including uninstalling the program, checking Windows logs, and verifying system integrity using DISM and SFC commands.

Since these attempts haven't solved the problem, there might be a need for more advanced troubleshooting. Here are a few additional steps you might consider:

1. Reinstall AnyConnect: After uninstalling, try reinstalling the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client with administrative privileges.

2. Check Compatibility: Confirm that the version of AnyConnect you're using is fully compatible with Windows 11 (version 22H2).

3. Contact Support: Reach out to Cisco's support team or your company's IT helpdesk for specialized assistance. They might have insights or fixes specific to your organization's setup.

4. Rollback or Update: If possible, consider rolling back to a previous version of AnyConnect that worked without issues or updating to the latest version (if available).

5. Firewall/Security Software: Temporarily disable any antivirus, firewall, or security software that might be interfering with AnyConnect.