cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't add modules on Cisco Packet Tracer 8.0 on Macbook

fnaz732125
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Packet Tracer 8.0.0.0212, and I cannot add modules to my device.

I cannot drag or do anything. 

47 Replies 47

I understand. I still am not sure why it worked, but it did. Just to be clear … I also am working on a MB pro and PT version 8 What I did was create a folder on my desktop, then groom PT hit file open which for me brings up the saves folder. From the saves folder I dragged and dropped the previously saved PT file that had devices I couldn’t physically configure. Then I closed PT and reopened the PT file by clicking it from the folder.

Hi jsulliva,

Just want to update my "long-term" test result in the last couple of days. It seems to have resolved the module-adding issue completely when I tried to relaunch the Packet Tracer app after I came back from work and turned on my Mac after a complete shut down.

This resolution seems to be consitently preventing the issue recurring effectively. However, there is a funny situation, which is when I try to use the module-adding function by drag and drop in the first launch of the packet tracer app after complete and clean Mac startup from the complete shut down over night, it tends to fail working. So, I quit and relaunch the packet tracer (without a complete shut down or restart), the module-adding function works magically without typing the umask 011 command int Terminal every time.

This solution can be proved effective. Massive thanks for the contribution!

Regards.

Thanks, man! 

Jsulliva FTW! 

I did the permission change and umask with PT open and was able to drag modules. Restarted PT change stuck. I'll update after my next restart. 

Hi sjuvillian

It works for me! thanks.

It woks for me, Thanks very much!

i was gonna try your fix. but before that I change my directory to Cisco_Packet_Tracer_8.0.0

just after doin that I run the app to check for potential issues, and amazingly enough I was able to add modules to my elements.

Thank you, it works!!!

Fix it!!

Thank you.

Thanks, it works!!! finally can continue with my homework 

i have a MacBook Pro M1 with Big Sur 11.4 

this was easy and helpful, thanks!!

so helpful

Thanks! It's working with macOS Big Sur (11.6) and Cisco Packet Tracer (8.0.0.012).

this fixed my issue on M1 macbook pro . thanksssss

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: