Helpful
Replies

Cisco 240AC - "Error in creating user entry"

coalbl4ck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am trying to setup the Cisco 240AC.

Honestly it has been a journey to say the least..

Currently I am stuck. When i finish the setup process and have entered all the requested information, the AP will proceed to tell me that it will reboot now, just to fail with the error message "Error in creating user entry".

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT IN THE DOCUMENTATION! Other than that it returns me back to the Setup-Wizard and happily continues blinking green.

I have already tried resetting the AP according to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CB-Wireless-Mesh/2120-reset-to-factory-default-cbw.html but have no way to confirm if that worked.

I am grateful for any wizardry that helps me to get that thing up and running.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

coalbl4ck
Level 1
Level 1

I found the "error".

I used KeePass to generate a secure Password according to the Cisco Pw-Limitations. The password was completely sane and obviously also passed the Browser-Form Check.

Somewhere later it breaks, i guess at the database level.

I now use the bare minimum password since i got that working.

Cisco please fix your **bleep**. If it already breaks here, i don't want to know what the rest of the software looks like.. it must be a dumpster fire.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

coalbl4ck
Level 1
Level 1

I found the "error".

I used KeePass to generate a secure Password according to the Cisco Pw-Limitations. The password was completely sane and obviously also passed the Browser-Form Check.

Somewhere later it breaks, i guess at the database level.

I now use the bare minimum password since i got that working.

Cisco please fix your **bleep**. If it already breaks here, i don't want to know what the rest of the software looks like.. it must be a dumpster fire.