cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 DNA Add-on license for SDA activation!

Raghas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
We are going to build an SDA LAB and for that, we have Cisco 9300 and Cisco 3850 switches. In the 9300 the licenses are already SDA capable (Network advantage/Essential) but in 3850 the license level is normal IP services and here we need an "Add-on" license to activate the SDA capabilities for these switches. I have the recommended 16.6.4 IOS-XE image on the 3850s as described in the SDA compatibility matrix. ''https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/software-defined-access/compatibility-matrix.html''

As shown in the screenshot also, I could not find a way to activate the add-on license, in fact, I cannot find any add-on license at all. Does anyone know how to activate the add-on license or how to install them? where to get them from? Any information will be appreciated,
Thanks a lot.

3 Replies 3

mludwig89
Level 1
Level 1

Raghas, 

For traditional devices that are moving into the new DNA world there a few things. 

First the 3850 must have IPbase / IPservices, if it has LANbase then it will first need to be upgraded. After is completed this would be the SKU needed from your VAR (i work for one if you would like help). If you have traditional Cisco One licensing there is a slightly different process. 

C3850-DNA-A-24=, C3850XS-DNA-A=, C3560CX-DNA-A-8=, etc

Hope this helps,

atsaya2512
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope this will help someone who is still searching for answer. I gave this command in global configuration mode and after that did smart licensing, it worked.

"license boot level ipservicesk9 addon dna-advantage"

I dont have any license option in global mode for 3850 switches , could you please help me where did you find the command

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: