cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Profile Editor Installation Failure due JRE version

Robert Youdan
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to install the AnyConnect Profile Editor on Windows 11 22H2 and get an error regarding JRE version. As a Java developer, I have several versions installed, all later than 6, and have tried with 8, 11, and 17. They all produce the same error (see attached screenshot). The installer clearly has an issue detecting the Java version. Has anyone figured out a workaround? Is there a way of "tricking" it to think it's OK? I don't want to install JRE6 but that might be the only way.

3 Replies 3

Robert Youdan
Level 1
Level 1

The attachment was removed from my last post. Trying again. This is the (invalid) error regarding JRE version.

Hello Robert,

On a Windows 10 Enterprise (21H2) with OpenJDK 19 installed, when I try to install the AnyConnect 4.10.05111 Profile Editor, I get the same error as you do.

Does anyone know if the Profile Editor is compatible with OpenJDK?

The release notes do not mention JRE or OpenJDK.

Thank you,

Michael

It works with OpenJDK, just installed from below and after starting the profile editor browsed the install folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft\jdk...)
Download the Microsoft Build of OpenJDK | Microsoft Learn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: