cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco API FMC Version: 6.2.3.9 (build 54)

I am building a solution using the Rest API to add IP address to a network object, then that object to an access group that blocks their traffic and then I am deploying changes to the FW device requested.  All of this works with no issues.  The issue come in when I attempt to run the process concurrently.  If they try to authenticate at the same time on of them will fail to login and get the auth token.  If I stagger the logins one will fail out with an auth token error.  I have validated that the each script instance is in fact getting different tokens.  I am aware that the console page is setup to not allow a single user multiple logins.  Is there a configuration change that could be made to all the Rest API to all concurrent users?  If not this creates a real problem for automation out side of a single use use case.

1 Reply 1

Jason KC
Level 1
Level 1

As soon as a new token is generated for a user, all previous tokens are invalid. It works the same way as the UI.

Only way to get around this is to create a bunch of users and make sure any API calls that might run during the same time frame are using different user accounts.