Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional Express

ranfruns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

just whant to check if this product :

- Cisco Configuration Professional Express

is still on support and what would be the correct versions to manage a C2921 with a CCME telephony system, with the Cisco Config Pro Express. And to confirm we can open a case in case we have any issues.

Thanks in advanced,

Ramon.

7 Replies 7

etoromol
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Ranfruns,

CCP is still under support. Below you can find the release notes for the latest version 3.5.3:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional_express/v3_5_3/rlsnts/ccp_express_rel_notes.html

About the right version to manage a CCME system, I believe that is not the target of CCP, you can still modify your config however, the CME Administration GUI should provide the tools you need.

Regards,
Eduardo

Thanks Eduardo for your reply.

Who should we contact to for support ?

Thanks again,

Ramon.

Eduardo,
I have another question.

I think I got confused with the application, I meant the CCP (Cisco Configuration Professional) without the Express at the end.

What is the latest version for CCP ? Is CCP still on support and who we can contact to ?

In case CCP is going End of live, what alternative can we offer to the customer ?

Customer is using CCP for CCME Extension management, CCP version 2.6.

Thanks again,

Ramon.

Hey Ramon,

Thank you for the clarification. CCP version 2.x has been deprecated. It is no longer under support, all our customers are welcome to migrate to CCP Express version 3.x. which does not requires any type of configuration on the client.

It is a shame because personally, I believe CCP 2.x. has more features to work with than CCP Express 3.x, however this last one has really good improvements on the global stability. 

Regards,

Eduardo

Thanks again Eduardo.

Where can I find the functionalities of CCPE regarding CCME ? Do you have a link we can review ? Or when will the functionalities be implemented in order to substitute the old CCP the customer is using ? If Cisco decides to discontinue a solution/application and puts a new one, shouldn’t it have the new solution/app almost all the all the functionalities on the old Solution/app ?

Thanks again,

Ramon.

Hey Ramon,

Your assessment is correct, however I am not sure about the exact solutions we have for the voice feature management.

Please allow me to investigate with our folks from the MS team and let you know the options available.

Regards,
Eduardo

Hi Ramon,

If you have a valid SmartNet contract, you can open a ticket with Cisco TAC and our Architecture team should address your questions related with CCP.

Regards,
Eduardo