cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Modeling Lab - Installation Issue

rkirmss
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues trying to install CML 2.6.1 onto my VM.  I'm using VMWare Workstation.  I've ensured that I have attached the correct IOS image file refplat-20230107-fcs.   I've also ensured that under Device Status I have selected Connected.  

I get the following warning message:

"Please attach the reference platform image DVD / IOS file to the CML2 appliance. If it is not preseent, then copying the required reference platform disk images to the CML2 machine will not work. As a consequnce, you will not be able to launch network topologies!"

4 Replies 4

rkirmss
Level 1
Level 1

Here are some screenshots:

rkirmss_0-1697469775514.pngrkirmss_1-1697469794552.png

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Make sure image is unzipped; I think we download it in zip format.  Also check if image is not corrupted during downloading; u should be able to open it with a zip app and see files inside. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

rkirmss
Level 1
Level 1

I got it working, I removed the VM and Re-Installed it.  I can now get into the CML UI.  The problem I'm having now, is that of all the nodes, the only one I'm not able to get to start is the 9000 IOS XRv.  I get the following warning 

"Failed to choose suitable compute node, has insufficient total HW resource".

I'm assuming that this has to do with the fact that the XR9K needs 20GB's of memory resource, and the VM is only at 8GB.  How do you increase the memory? I tried going through the settings on the VM, and choosing a higher memory, the max I can increase it to, is 10GB.  My machine that I run the VM on has a total install RAM of 12GB.  Any suggestions?

You need more RAM in PC 

There are some issues starting thst image. Some1 has mentioned how to start that image, it's kinky,  search here 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **