cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Client v5.1.1.42 on Mac OS

Bradl
Level 1
Level 1

Running Mac OS Sonoma on Macbook Air with M2 chip and 8 GB RAM. Downloaded Secure Client v5.1.1.42 for MacOS from our Meraki MX 100 firewall, then installed on the MacBook Air. When activated I can put in the URL for the other end of the secure tunnel but the Secure Client window shows "AnyConnect VPN: No connection to VPN service. Reattach failed." I have researched this issue exhaustively but I cannot find a resolution or even get close. I cannot find the VPN service. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

3 Replies 3

Xerx
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same laptop and a similar issue, for me when i click save after entering address, it just closes , not the application itself but the configuration window.

dgovind5
Level 1
Level 1

Did you solve it? I have this problem rn

ww4686101
Level 1
Level 1

It seems like you're encountering an issue with establishing a VPN connection using the Secure Client on your MacBook Air running Mac OS Sonoma. The error message "AnyConnect VPN: No connection to VPN service. Reattach failed." indicates a problem with connecting to the VPN service.

Firstly, ensure that the VPN service you're trying to connect to is running and accessible. Double-check the URL you've entered for the other end of the secure tunnel to ensure it's correct.

If the URL is correct and the VPN service is running, try restarting both your MacBook Air and the Meraki MX 100 firewall. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues.

If the problem persists, it's possible that there may be compatibility issues between the Secure Client version you've downloaded and your Mac OS Sonoma. Check for any updates or patches for the Secure Client that may address compatibility issues with the latest macOS version.

Additionally, review the configuration settings in the Secure Client to ensure everything is set up correctly. Pay close attention to any authentication or authorization settings that may be preventing the connection.

If you're still unable to resolve the issue after following these steps, I recommend reaching out to the support team for the Secure Client or the Meraki MX 100 firewall. They may be able to provide further assistance and troubleshooting steps specific to your setup.