Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SL-only images IOS XE

viktar23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone!

I have a Cisco ISR 4431 with IOS XE 16.6.4 and preinstalled not Smart licenses. I want to upgrade software to 17.x.x (SL-only version), but the router doesn't have access to Internet. I have newer 17.x.x image from another router but doesn't have service contract for ISR 4431 without Internet access. Cisco docs https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/smart-licensing/qsg/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart/b_Smart_Licensing_QuickStart_chapter_0111.html#id_105427 says: 

In Cisco IOS XE Release 16.11.1a and later releases, the evaluation period of 90 days is the same as 16.10.1a. However, the syslog messages are not displayed until after you use the device for 365 days. This period of 365 days includes the 90 days of the evaluation period. Due to the suppression of these messages, you can use your ASR and ISR devices without restrictions for 365 days from when you first start the device.

Q: What happens after 365 days without contact to Cisco Cloud? Will the Cisco Router lose part of the functionality?

0 Replies 0