cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between CCST and RSTECH

dackr16
Level 1
Level 1

These exams sound the same to me. I believe the RSTECH is a lower level than the CCST from my own research. However, CCST is a shorter exam but seems to cover more topics and practical skills.

I’m a little unsure of it all and just need to know what exam I should take or is better. Currently leaning towards CCST. Please give me all your opinions. I appreciate any advice.

3 Replies 3

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello  dackr16,

The course Cisco Certified Technician Supporting Cisco Routing and Switching Network Devices (RSTECH) focuses on the skills required for onsite support and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and operating environments. This course will help Field Engineers identify Cisco router and switch models, accessories, cabling, and interfaces; understand the Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS) software operating modes and identify commonly found software.

The Cisco Certified Support Technician (CCST) Networking certification validates an individual’s skills and knowledge of entry-level networking concepts and topics. The certification demonstrates foundational knowledge and skills needed to show how networks operate, including the devices, media, and protocols that enable network communications.

Both are entry level certifications...In my Understanding...RSTECH focuses on mainly  Routing and Switching foudation level. Where as CCST foucuses on 6 following domains...

Gopinath_Pigili_1-1703674540346.png

The Cisco Certified Support Technician (CCST) Networking certification is also a first step toward CCNA certification.

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

marcoperson250
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing valuable insight.

Thank you...and Welcome..!!