cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware and operating system status. Check references.

I am getting this error on the codec, but the touch panel is showing the latest version and there is no actual issue being reported in the room. Is this a bug?

Hardware or Operating System Failure
The system encountered an internal problem:Hardware and operating system status. Check references. (category: logfile;description=1: /var/log/peripherals/CS-T10-TS-<SN>.tgz is too big)

I saw this possible related bug, but it does not look exactly the same:

https://bst.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCwb19179

2 Replies 2

p-meloch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have same problem. My RoomOS is ver. 11.14.4 

kodexolabs
Level 1
Level 1

The error appears to be caused by an enormous log file: /var/log/peripherals/CS-T10-TS-<SN>.tgz.

Despite the fact that the touch panel is showing the most recent version and there are no issues in the room, the system may nevertheless flag an error. To examine the file size via SSH, use ls -lh /var/log/peripherals/CS-T10-TS-<SN>.tgz. To clear a huge log file, use > /var/log/peripherals/CS-T10-TS-<SN>.tgz or set up logrotate for future maintenance. Ensure that your system has the most recent updates installed, as this can occasionally resolve similar issues. If the problem persists, try restarting the system and checking the documentation or support for known issues or patches. If necessary, contact support with the error message, methods taken, and system information.

We hope we were capable of to handle the matter effortlessly.If you have any more questions or require additional support, please do not hesitate to contact us; we are pleased to help!