cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about Cisco DX80

viopeji
Level 1
Level 1

So I have like 3-4 of these that have never been used. The one I’m playing with literally came out a box I had to open.

I know it can’t be used for its original purpose. But it’s working as an external monitor. Is there any way to get sound out of it though. I’m connected over hdmi. I honestly don’t think there is anything that can be done. But I ask you good people to let me know for sure.

Is there anything that can be done with this other than it just being a monitor? Is it possible o get sound out of it in some kinda way?

1 Reply 1

grecha861
Level 1
Level 1

@viopejifloridablue wrote:

So I have like 3-4 of these that have never been used. The one I’m playing with literally came out a box I had to open.

I know it can’t be used for its original purpose. But it’s working as an external monitor. Is there any way to get sound out of it though. I’m connected over hdmi. I honestly don’t think there is anything that can be done. But I ask you good people to let me know for sure.

Is there anything that can be done with this other than it just being a monitor? Is it possible o get sound out of it in some kinda way?

Hello, @viopejifloridablue 

It’s great that you’ve found a use for that monitor even though it wasn’t originally intended for that purpose. Let’s see if we can get some sound out of it.

When you’re using an external monitor connected via HDMI, getting audio to play through it can sometimes be a bit tricky. But fear not! There are a few steps you can take to make sure you’re not missing out on those sweet sound effects:

Check Your Monitor:
First things first: Make sure your monitor actually has built-in speakers. Some monitors don’t come with speakers at all, especially older models or budget-friendly ones. If it doesn’t have speakers, unfortunately, you won’t be able to get sound directly from the monitor itself.
Windows Settings:
If your monitor does have speakers, let’s dive into Windows settings:
Press the Windows key + X at the same time.
Select Control Panel.
Click on Hardware and Sound.
Choose Manage Audio Devices.
Look for your HDMI device (it might be listed as something like “Digital Output” or “HDMI Output”).
Set it as the default audio device.
Click OK to save your changes.

Now, the sound should play through the HDMI device connected to your computer.

Volume Settings:
Adjust the volume settings on both your computer and the monitor. Sometimes the volume might be too low or muted, so double-check that.
External Speakers or Headphones:
If your monitor doesn’t have built-in speakers, consider connecting external speakers or headphones directly to your computer. You can still enjoy sound while using the monitor for display.

I hope this info is helpful to you.

Best Regard,
Gregory Chavez