cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! I can't get my router to connect to the wireless router in PT

bnwhitehead09
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on a lab and I have everything else set up and working but for some reason I am struggling to get my router to connect to the wireless router. I'm not sure what I am missing.

5 Replies 5

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Port needs to be in not shutdown mode (no shut) and have IP address; Link between main router to the wireless router should go to Internet port on Wireless device.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello bnwhitehead09,

As Martin mentioned...

on router 1841 fastethernet port that is connected to Wireless Router should be configured with ip address and no shutdown commands....the other end should connected to Internet port on Wireless Router

Then click on Wireless Router and select Config tab --> Internet --> by default dhcp is selected...change to static and give the static ip address  on Internet port

Make sure the cross cable both side should be configured with same network ip address...

1841(config)# interface fa0/1

1841(config-if)# ip address 11.0.0.1 255.255.255.252

1841(config-if)# no shutdown

1841(config-if)#

on internet router give the static ip address 11.0.0.2 and 255.255.255.252 as Mask

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

See my screenshots below. 

bnwhitehead09
Level 1
Level 1

This is what is showing for both the router and wireless router. 

Make sure Router10 link connects to Internet port on wireless router and add IP of 192.168.4.2 /24 on that port since R10 IP is 192.168.4.1. Then, make sure your LAN and Wireless network is different then 192.168.4.x /24

there are several examples of PT here; browse forum; also u can open PT sample labs directly from PT via File>Open sample >networking folder

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **