cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Home Gateway Username at Packet Tracer?

Ckaiqos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm doing I.T Essentials at Netacad and it has an exercise on IoT networking through Packet Tracer. I have to get into a Tablet, use the web browser, type in the Home Gateway I.P and then log in with my credentials. According to the transcript, the credentials are ''admin'' for both username and password. They are not. I can't get into the home gateway and complete this exercise.   

I do believe I found the actual password (mySecretKey) by entering the Home Gateway config, but I have no idea what to put in the username. What am I supposed to do?    

Transcript: https://contenthub.netacad.com/legacy/ITE/7.01/pt/course/files/6.1.5.3%20Packet%20Tracer%20-%20Control%20IoT%20Devices.pdf   

PKA file below. 

7 Replies 7

c.i.engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am working with CPT 8.0.0.0212 and faced a similar problem today.
Just use the IoT Monitor app on the virtual tablet desktop.

Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the answer @c.i.engineer. It worked but why hasn't it worked through the Web Browser?

thank you 

Really helpful thanks. 

Noddy51
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is old post but the actual answer to this is this....

DO NOT select the web browser on page 6, instead select IoT Monitor.

It should then have the login details already in place, click on login and you should see a list of the IoT devices.

RolandMaj7
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same thing too. But it is not enough using IoT Monitor, because the necessary devices for the exercise are getting lost from the list. Also Smart Doors are not showing in the list, but the signal strength it 60% and setup is correct. Manual connect to a Remote server doesn't work.

UPDATE:

I found out that the existing items (Camera, Motion Sensor) of the current Packet Tracer version are incompatible. I deleted not only the gateway, but also camera and sensor and then I wasn't even able to connect them with wires, because they do not offer Ethernet cables, just wireless. Also I reset the session and all devices appeared on Web Browser 192.168.25.1 address. Login worked too.

But now the thermometer is still working even I delete it's code. I should probably delete and recreate it too, but I won't try this exercise further. The mistake is in conversion at 38.line or the "Metric" variable. I'm not able to get the thermometer show up in IoT Monitor idk why.