Views
Helpful
Replies

IE4000, moving configuration with SD card

romendra.chudal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have multiple IE4000 that will have the same configuration. I configured one switch, saved the configuration to the SD card and moved the card over to the new switch and power cycled the switch. Now when I try to log on to the switch it gives me the following message

CLS_ACC-4-NO_HTTP_PAGE: Failed to locate HTTP page for the consoleless 

Am i missing something here? The webpage would be greatly helpful in terms of quick check everytime we configure a new switch.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the command "dir".

hmm.. not sure what i am looking for here. Mind elaborating a bit?

Thanks

I want to know how the switch was upgraded.
The error message shows that the HTML files are either missing or incompatible with the current version. This could, potentially, mean that someone "upgraded" the appliance by copying only the BIN file instead of unpacking from a TAR file.

So I did this, as you can see that I used the tar file to extract it to flash but the flash still showing 152-4

I was kind of hoping that if the config.text file and the firmware was different that what already exists in the switch, then the switch would boot up to the new firmware and the config.text file. May be my thinking is wrong. 

Appreciate the time.

So ran another test. And similar results. I synced the flash with the SD card and I can see the HTML folder is in there yet, I cannot access the webpage. Instead I get the attached and when I click on the Web Console, i get a 404 message

I know the reason why ... 

1.  Look at the filename "Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 11.54.04 AM.png".  The IOS version being unpacked is 15.2(6)E1. 

2.  Look at the filename "Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 11.47.38 AM.png".  There is an archive folder of IOS version 15.2(4)EC2.  HOWEVER, notice there is an "update" folder?  This folder means there was a previous attempt to unpack a tar file but the attempt was interrupted.  

This is the reason why IOS versoin 15.2(6)E1 failed to unpack.  

Delete the "update" folder using the command "del /f /r flash:update" and try to unpack 15.2(6)E1 again.  Once this is complete, reboot the switch.

Ah, I will try that the first chance i get. I appreciate your input. One more question, if I was to take a SD card from a configured switch and plug it into a brand new switch, all the configuration should be copied over to the new switch automatically on power up right? It seems like I cannot get to the webpage if the switch and the SD card have different firmware version. Am I on the right track?

I will report back the results of my testing, later today. 

Thanks,

@romendra.chudal wrote:

if I was to take a SD card from a configured switch and plug it into a brand new switch, all the configuration should be copied over to the new switch automatically on power up right? 

Won't work because a switch knows only one place to find a the configuration file and this place is the flash.  

You'll need to manually instruct the switch to copy the configuration, located in the SD card, into the running-config (don't forget to save the config to make it permanent).

Sorry for the late response. Haven't had a chance to test any of the stuff yet. But I will try it later today and report back. Also, thanks for the info on copying the config. If the config cannot be automatically loaded from the switch, I fail to understand the purpose of the SD card. But oh well

@romendra.chudal wrote:

If the config cannot be automatically loaded from the switch, I fail to understand the purpose of the SD card. 

It can be done as long as it's enabled from the config.  This feature isn't enabled by default. 

Would you be kind enough to share where that setting might be?

Thanks,

conf t
 boot config-file usb0:filename.extension
end
wr

Verify the settings using the command "sh boot".