Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR with CME

Haval.Darwesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends, I have a bit confused about CME licensing;

As I have read and understand, any Cisco ISR 4000 Series comes with (AXV, V or VSEC) bundle (for example: Cisco ISR4331-AXV/K9) can support VoIP. 

After you purchased it, you can assign CME license from Cisco smart account, and every thing is good.

if I am wrong please correct me.

I appreciate a lot.

2 Replies 2

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Haval.Darwesh 

The Cisco ISR 4000 Series routers typically come with different bundles, such as you mentioned AXV (AppX), V, or VSEC. The specific bundle determines the features and capabilities available on the router. While these bundles may include the base CME software, they do not automatically include the CME licenses,you will need to obtain a separate license. The CME license is not typically included with the router bundle. You can acquire the CME license from the Cisco Smart Software Licensing portal , After the CME license is activated on the router, it enables the CME features and functionality.

Haval.Darwesh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Mr.Mohamed, thanks for your soon answer, so I should acquire the CME license separately, two more questions please?

First, our VoIP system separated over three cities, the diagram is  as shown in the image, if I purchase the license only for the router and I configured VPN tunnel between the firewalls, will there be any problems?

Second, how I can find the price for 150 IP phones?

I appreciate