Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Ringing Shuts Down Monitors

Eloo20
Level 1
Level 1

This is a bit of a weird situation. 

I use the Jabber desktop app on my PC for use alongside a virtual desktop (Citrix). Every so often (maybe once every 10 days of using), when Jabber rings, it freezes my monitors completely and they shut down. Nothing works to turn them back on except hard resetting my PC which obviously isn’t ideal when you’re in the middle of something! Has this ever happened to anyone else and is anyone aware of a fix? 

2 Replies 2

Luna2265
Level 1
Level 1

@Eloo20 ehallpass wrote:

This is a bit of a weird situation.

I use the Jabber desktop app on my PC for use alongside a virtual desktop (Citrix). Every so often (maybe once every 10 days of using), when Jabber rings, it freezes my monitors completely and they shut down. Nothing works to turn them back on except hard resetting my PC which obviously isn’t ideal when you’re in the middle of something! Has this ever happened to anyone else and is anyone aware of a fix? 

Here are some things you can try:

• Make sure you are not using Jabber via remote audio. This can cause sporadic audio issues. Jabber must be running on the same PC the headset is connected to, not in an RDP session.
  • Check your Jabber audio settings and make sure they are configured correctly for your speaker, microphone, and ringer/alerts devices. You can change the order of preference by using the advanced audio options.
  • Check your PC sound settings and make sure they are not muted or the volume is down. Also, make sure the headset is set as the default communications device and the input and output settings are for the correct device.
  • Check your PC microphone privacy settings and make sure Jabber is allowed to access your microphone.
  • Check your network connection and make sure it is stable and has low latency, jitter, and packet loss. You can use this site to test your home internet connection.
  • Check your access control lists within Cisco ISE and make sure they allow traffic to go to the network the PC’s are on. This can cause issues with CTI connection and line status.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve your issue. If not, you may want to contact Cisco support or your IT department for further assistance.

Thanks for this! The issue isn’t with the audio but rather that it disconnects my monitors after making them freeze. I can still hear everything, particularly annoying if I’ve already answered a call and then my display freezes and disconnects as I can’t see anything.