cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetAdad - Final Skills exam marking correct implementation wrong

FirewallMonkey
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently enrolled in NetAcad's CCNA Introduction to Networking (Routing and Switching)

I have completed my Final Skills Exam however I have been marked incorrectly for selecting a cross-over cable to connect a Router and PC device together which has totally confused me.

My understanding was that both the router and PC send on pins 1+2, hence the reason for the cross-over cable which I selected and can be clearly seen in the screenshots that I took of my completed network in preparation for my assignment submission.

I opened a new Packet Tracer program and connected a router and PC using the automatic cable selection method which turned out to be a cross-over cable as expected. I have checked this thoroughly online to try and figure out why this is wrong in the final skills exam marking guide but am at a complete loss leading to a sub-standard learning experience and resulting in a mark that is not representative of the work I completed.

It was indicated by Net Acad that I must query this with my tutor however the tutor has not been present on this course for over 1 month now, I believe for personal reasons. I have not been assigned a new tutor. Therefore it seems that I am now in a position where I must accept marking because I am unable to contact NetAcad as they direct me to a person who isn't there which doesn't seem logical at all.

Can I please have someone explain why a cross-over cable is wrong to connect a router and PC?

- I am unable to provide screenshots for fear that I will be giving answers away to other students until after the submission deadline has been passed.

How can I be sure that if I sit the CCNA exam that this would not also be the case with marking schemes as I believe that no feedback is given. So how would I know that my correctly answered question was marked correctly?

I have also had issues exactly the same as this on other NetAcad courses including 'Network Security' + 'CyberOps Associate' which I completed last year and as such I am losing faith in the correctness of the marking schemes provided by Cisco Networking Academy, and by extension Cisco.

If someone would be able to help me address this issue before the submission date this coming Monday then I would be extremely appreciative but I do not have much hopes for this.

Thank you in advance.

0 Replies 0