Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer v7.2.1 NetAcad Login

kelvin.tran1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've been a happy user of Packet Tracer v7.2.1 for many months now and I love it!

There's one gripe that I have about it as of now though - the constant nagging for login credentials. Since it never hurts to ask, is there any way that I can "save" my NetAcad credentials in Packet Tracer so that I don't have to supply this information on every startup? I get that it's not that much, but it would save some time and ire. Thanks for your help in advance!

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

as far as i know nowhere to save them in PT. I think PT is checking online with NetAcademy servers,
It does not ask me every time; just after some time like a week or so. if u don't have access or are online, yo will wait 10 sec and be able to use PT but not save your work.

Hi there,

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. The problem now is that we're trying to use PT 7 (it wouldn't be ideal but possible, I suppose to use PT 6) in an educational institution's Cisco lab where institution security policy dictates that it cannot be connected to the internet through its network. I'd like to ask, if you don't mind, for your suggestion as to what to do in my particular scenario since saving work is a necessity in this environment.

Thanks!

I don't think that the same thing.  To access and use PT, u r checking with NetAcademy Server for authorization and authentication at the very beginning; at lunching PT, before u start any lab at all.

Several PT users can be connected together to exchange "PT data" among them or connect to Instructor's PT to evaluate your progress.  PT devices will not communicate with real devices on the network. PT will not break anything, don't worry.

Are lab instructions says "cannot be connected to the internet through its network" ?  or just general instructions?  Lab instructions may have such restrictions inside of a lab.  there would be a router that represents Internet and your own network that u set up.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **