cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer won't allow me to add modules for router 2811 in Ubuntu

caulmseh
Level 1
Level 1

Dragging and dropping doesn't work as it won't allow me to do so. The cursor also indicates that I am not allowed to add modules even if the router is turned off. This only happens in Ubuntu as I was already using Packet Tracer in Windows but I choose to use Ubuntu to extend my battery life when I am far from the wall socket. Is there any way to add modules without dragging and dropping to the router? I've tried sorts of right clicking the blank port and the module list but no context menu is showing up.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've already fixed the problem. I used an older version of Packet Tracer and it now works as expected. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

You must turn off the power  of router add module and then turn on power 

As I have already said, the router is turned off and I have already used Packet Tracer for tens of hours in Windows, it's just that it won't work when I am using the Ubuntu version.

Are there any free slot for module??

Hi

I would take a close look on the Ubuntu logs just to make sure you can see any clue about it. We know that Linux can be really detail-oriented with permission.

If you can not find anything, one suggestion is reinstall and if not fix, one last suggestion is intall Wine and then install PackeTracer in Wine.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=11601

Hi, thanks for the idea. I've tried Wine idea but now my problem is that the login screen is black and I cannot log in thus I am unable to use the program

Screenshot from 2023-05-07 11-26-30.png

I've already fixed the problem. I used an older version of Packet Tracer and it now works as expected. Thanks for the help!