cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Private key validation failed: Invalid password" when trying to import an existing wildcard certificate into new ISE install

ITNSV
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new ISE Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (64-bit) appliance install version 2.7.0.356 and I am trying to import an existing wildcard certificate into "System Certificates" and keep getting "Private key validation failed: Invalid password." error even though this same cert is used elsewhere in my environment. 

I downloaded the existing wildcard cert we already had for our environment.  My choices for the certificate download were "Tomcat", "Apache" and "Other".  Not sure which is correct choice for this ISE appliance which is Redhat.  I chose "Other" and extracted the zipped file to a directory I can browse to from the ISE appliance.  The extraction contains a .CRT, a .PEM and a bundled .CRT.  For the * Certificate File, I am pointing to the .crt, and for the * Private Key File, I am pointing to the *.PEM file.  When I click on Submit, I get the error "Private key validation failed: Invalid password" I believe the password is correct as we are using this elsewhere in the environment.

1 Reply 1

Kabil_M
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ITNSV,

Try with .pem in the certificate and .pvk in the key. If you don't have this extension, convert them with openssl.

BR,
Kabil M.