cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieving voicemail from external number

Braden87
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very new installation that I would like to see if I can get some advice on setting up a functionality that users can call in from an external number and retrieve voicemail. My supervisor was in charge of setting this system up before he retired and after he retired my organization is not refilling his position and have dumped this project in my lap. The service company that set it up is also non responsive. I have no clue what I'm doing as I am only a programmer...but I'm sure I can figure something out...eventually

We are currently using Cisco Unity Connection Administration Version 14.0.1 and Cisco Unified CM Administration Version 14.0.1

I followed this guide to make sure the service and profile are all set up. 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/9_5/JABI_BK_J38B2ACB_00_jabber-iphone-server-setup-9-5/JABI_BK_J38B2ACB_00_jabber-iphone-server-setup-9-5_chapter_01001.pdf

After following this guide I tried to call the pilot number from an external line and I get a failure to connect message. Calling from internal to the full 10 digit of the pilot number I get a fast busy signal. Calling voicemail internally from the 4 digit number or the voicemail button works fine. I'm at a loss for what else needs to be configured.

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Replies 0